What’s On Your Mind?
At Jack’s Place Mini Storage, we understand how hard it is to pack and stow your personal items, so here are a few answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
What are your hours?
- Monday – Sunday 8:00AM – 9:00PM
Can I access my unit after hours?
- Yes, just phone us before our closing hours (11:00 PM), to arrange an after-hours access time.
Are there security cameras in the storage area?
- Yes, we have CCTV cameras throughout Jack’s Mini Storage with a state of the art security monitoring system located in an undisclosed location.
Are the storage units heated?
- Yes, Jack’s Place Mini Storage has controlled heating throughout all of our storage units.
Can I store my motorcycle?
- Yes, Jack’s Place Mini Storage has storage units large enough to store your Harley, Hayabusa or Trike.
How should I stack my boxes?
- Stack similar-sized boxes together, so cartons are stable on top of one another.
What sizes of boxes should I use?
- Use a combination of small, medium, and large boxes to better fit the items you are putting inside.
How should I use floor space?
- Think vertical. Some items take up less space when stored vertically, like furniture.
Is it better to close the boxes or leave them open?
- Do not overstuff the boxes. Rounded tops make them less than sturdy when other boxes are placed on top.
If my boxes are heavy should I stack them on top of each other?
- Put heavier cartons on the bottom and lighter ones on top.
What should I do with fragile items?
- Wrap fragile items carefully. Remember, you’re not just storing items, you’re moving them in and out of storage, so breakage can be a problem.
What if I want to use the items I store?
- If you plan to visit your mini-storage facility before you remove all of the contents, create a few pathways to walk in between for better accessibility.
How should I label the boxes?
- Don’t forget to label everything on multiple sides, especially for covered furniture or closed cartons.
We hope these useful hints help make you’re packing a more pleasant experience.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to call us.